Plenum Chamber Repair Pieces?

Does anyone know if there are any repair pieces available for the Plenum chamber where they rot out near the drain hole.

I have a TR5 with a fair sizes hole in that place, so I'm just considering the options to repair it.

Thanks very much for your help, as always.

Cheers.

Dave.

AFIK There is no repair sections Dave, I always make my own though its not a five minute job due to the shape of it. When you replace the drain make sure the pipe is flush with the bottom of the repair as the originals stuck up about a 1/4" which meant water laid in the bottom and allied with the fact that there is no airflow unlike 4/4a`s this accelerated the rot problem.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

Dave,

If your going for a repair why not use stainless pipe? Once painted who will know?

I had a quick (innaccurate) measure and at 82'ish mm Stainless drainage pipe is available from drainage suppliers quite cheaply - for example

https://www.drainagesuperstore.co.uk/product/stainless-steel-pipe-82mm-x-250mm-304-grade-blucher-europipe.html?gclid=CKSIp72Dxs0CFUieGwodo0YL3w

Alan

Dave,

If your going for a repair why not use stainless pipe? Once painted who will know?

I had a quick (innaccurate) measure and at 82'ish mm Stainless drainage pipe is available from drainage suppliers quite cheaply - for example

https://www.drainagesuperstore.co.uk/product/stainless-steel-pipe-82mm-x-250mm-304-grade-blucher-europipe.html?gclid=CKSIp72Dxs0CFUieGwodo0YL3w

Alan

Alan,

Not sure what you have measured but the drain is only 1/2" or 12.5mm.

Cheers

Graeme

Thanks one and all.

Thank you Stuart for the photograph which is very helpful. Noted about the depth of where the pipe is Stuart.

I had a feeling it might be a make it yourself job.

All the best.

Dave.

Dave

I posted my solution for repairs if you follow this post.

topic/54526-plenum-drain-outlet-pipes/?p=451749

The repair was carried out 5 years ago and is still watertight

It was a little drastic and involved cutting two large circular holes to the side of the rusted area and opening the plunum up to be able to sand blast the inside and then lead load the inside to make the outlet leak proof.

Hope this might be a solution for you

Cheers

Mark