Rally of the Tests - 10th to 13th November

Hi all

A big TR field in for the Rally of the Tests this year - 3 TR3a's and 5 TR4's including Rob and I in one of the ex works TR4's (3VC) ...... starting in Edinburgh at 5pm and workin down to Stratford. Hope to see you along the way or at the driving test sites - bring your TR!

http://www.classicrally.org.uk/rott2005/extra1.html

Regards

Tony

Come and see the Rally of the Tests

Spectators can see the Rally of the Tests at these locations

Thursday 10/11

10:00 - Scrutineering - Marriott Dalmahoy Hotel, Edinburgh

17:00 - Knockhill Circuit

Friday 11/11

08:00 - Raceland Kart Circuit

10:00 - Jim Clark Room, Duns

12:30 - Crook Inn, On A701 North of Moffat

16:00 - Old Toll House, Gretna

21:00 - North Lakes Hotel, Penrith

Saturday 12/11

10:00 - Lakeside Pier Cafe, Windemere

12:00 - Red Well Inn, On B6254 East of M6, Junction 35

16:00 - Ford Inn, on A635, 2 miles west of Holmfirth

20:00 - Palace Hotel, Buxton

Sunday 13/11

10:30 - Secret Bunker, 3 miles south of Nantwich on A530

13:15 - Curborough Sprint Circuit, north of Lichfield

14:15 - Nuneaton Town Centre

15:00 - Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon (Finish)

Further details may be published the week preceding the event :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...

Ended up freezing my wotsits off at the Scammonden Dam Test - a very steep and greasy hillclimb - cars were very late coming through and the motor club that organises hillclimbs there didn't understand historic rallying or the relatively low speeds so applied major safety measures - I had 2 extinguishers on a corner most took at no more than 30 mph ... still I did see a couple of the TR3a's and 3VC go through - Tony and Rob must have been about 20th on the road I think and the car's running faultlessly (so far)!

cheers, Andy

FINAL RESULTS

A whitewash for the Irish and Dutch crews, taking all the top 5 places ... got to get back into this next year!

Good result for Tony and Rob, finally clawing their way up to 16th (and thankfully not quite beating Ade and my 14th place last year!) ... we know how much hard work went into getting that result, well done guys .... can't wait for a full report Tony, when you've recovered :D

cheers, Andy

Sorry Tony, we had to give you a bollard penalty on the farm test before slaidburn on Saturday.

Well done good result, having watched the standard 10 of the Sandilands through a test it's not suprising that it was nearly the best Standard Triumph entry beaten by the Redwoods 3A.

at least there is a couple of months rebuild time before the start of the new season.

Les

Hi Les

All penalties taken in the spirit intended - I never look back anyway as it takes me all my time to keep a car in the right direction. I think I picked up 2 bollards and a keep on the grass at the RAF museum on Friday. We had a pig of a day in the rain.

Saturday and Sunday were great - apparently we were 4th o/a on the Sunday results, but id like to see the lot - if we hadnt balls up the route revision and collected 5 mins for missing 2 controls we have done very well.

Enjoyed the hillclimb lots - pulled 2nd od at the top just before launching over the finish line - I trust you heard me Andy! (thanks for marshalling!) enjoyed the Curborough sprint circuit more and took 2 secs out of the nearest TR so 3VC is officially quick, nimble and v tailhappy when provoked - thanks to Paul Hogan for the warning on the slippy bits - another reason why i could push hard through the middle (admittedly sideways .......... as i gathered it back together on the way out of the hairpin .....)

Brilliant rally and hats of to Neil Revington and folks at RTR for the best ride you can have with your trousers on !

Regards

Tony

• 4 weeks later...