What type of deflecter will fit a 6 with mx5 seats with headrest all In one type thanks billy

Hi Billy

I have the one from breezebreaker.com but my MX 5 seats have the separate head rests (don't think that makes much difference as he makes them to suite your seat) They are well worth it.

The picture below is before I put the MX5 seats in but I just had to adjust the wind breaker to suite.

Edited by Kevo_6

I have recently fitted the one supplied by the TR Register to my TR6 which has the standard american market hi back seats which probably take up slightly less space then the MX5 seats, the brackets supplied were completely wrong and the deflector ended up way to low and jamed into the back of the seats. The chap from the supplier was quite helpful and tried to organise alternative brackets but I just ran out of time before our trip to Laon last week so made my own brackets fixed to the top seat belt mounts.

Having the deflector was a real benefit on the motorway and I dont think I would get away with leaving it behind on the next long trip, but the quality of the one I bought is way below what one would expect for the price tag.

George

I have recently fitted the one supplied by the TR Register to my TR6 which has the standard american market hi back seats which probably take up slightly less space then the MX5 seats, the brackets supplied were completely wrong and the deflector ended up way to low and jamed into the back of the seats. The chap from the supplier was quite helpful and tried to organise alternative brackets but I just ran out of time before our trip to Laon last week so made my own brackets fixed to the top seat belt mounts.

Having the deflector was a real benefit on the motorway and I dont think I would get away with leaving it behind on the next long trip, but the quality of the one I bought is way below what one would expect for the price tag.

George

I saw the BMW accessories dept copy of the wind tunnel tests video of the Mazda MX5 version that may have been adapted for Z3 and MGF.

Notably it shewed a reduction in drag over not having it fitted when the roof was down. Plus of course the reduction/removal of reverse airflow in the passenger compartment.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT