I suspect it is a little easier to release to release a row of Tenax fasteners on a TR which is not going anywhere, rather than a yacht which may be rocking around rather.

Bob.

Surely this is a tool to make life easier. Nothing to do with an incorrect installed hood or otherwise. A lot of us are getting older and an item like this has some advantages to some of us (I am sure).

I think that the hood of a car suffers the same impact as a spray hood on a yacht. It's the higher speed vs the impact of the water - don't want to call it waves... if you experience waves that high up, you're most likely to overrate your capabilities to go out sailing... It's a yacht, not a submarine. Most of the time it's the salt that makes releasing the tenax on a boat difficult.

It's only a tool. I have made something similar from a plastic wedge that one uses to determine the distance between the wall and parquet flooring. I cut a slot in the center of the plastic wedge and I just shove the wedge under the tenax. The shape of the wedge lifts off the tenax.

Menno

I can find nothing on the Tenax Germany product site of Happich.

http://www.happich.de/en/

They do a black chrome version for the radar avoiders.....

Do the download to view

http://www.happich.de/en/produkte-schloesser.php?sub=tenax

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Thought it was only me, the little b*ggers do hold on tight, which is good of course!

Its when your fingers are freezing thats it at its worst

I think some home made device is lurking!!

Edited by TR24178
  • 2 weeks later...