Worcester Classic Cars or Protek for new clutch and engine tune?

Hi guys,

Can anyone advise which garage I should use through your experience? WCC is much nearer to me and has been going awhile whilst Protek is often mentioned favourably on this site.

Also I understand there are several makes of clutch so which type would be best for my 1973 TR6 CR?

Thanks

Charles

Hi Charles,

I've not had any experience of WCC so cannot say anything either way, but Glen at Protek has undertaken work on my 5 before and I've always been very pleased. Most of the TR owners I know in Oxfordshire use and recommend Protek and Glen's 30+ years working on TRs speaks for itself.

Darren

Hi Charles,

I have no experience of Protek but I have used Worcester Classic Cars over the years for various jobs on my TR4 and have also recommended them to others who have been equally pleased with their work. I'd echo the earlier comment about Simon Andrews - he's a helpful guy and, in my experience, his prices are very reasonable. It's probably worth going over & having a chat with him to form your own opinion & to take a look at his workshop.

Hope you get your clutch sorted ok whichever route you choose

Regards

Mike

Thanks all great feedback really appreciated.

Charles