TR4 A - Seats

Easy to see as the side next to the hood frame is sloped towards the centre to allow clearance for the frame.

Stuart.

Thanks for the comment Stuart which helps me understand my seats. I bought a pair of rebuilt seats in unused condition privately for my 4A. They look nice and are very comfortable compared with the old disintegrating foams I had. When I fitted them I was slightly puzzled by the shape of the backs which were higher on the outside than the middle. Thinking I had them in the wrong sides I swapped them over. This then jammed them against the door pillars and was clearly wrong. I came to the conclusion that whoever rebuilt them did not realize they were handed and fitted the back foams and covers to the wrong bases. I could swap them around but a hassle I think. The saving grace is that it's a Surrey Top car thus no problem with hood frame. Presume my conclusions are correct ?

Rod

IIRC the foams arent handed but when fitted pull in to the shape of the frame so it maybe that the frames werent repaired right if they had broken away or they just stuffed the trims to suit upright seats. I have seen seats that have been restuffed in all directions!

Stuart.

There needs to be a large amount of compression in the foam at the top of the seats in order that it can generate a smooth profile in the cover.

It seems impossible at first to get the cover over the foam and down the seat back.

I would suggest that someone cut some from the foams in order to get them home quicker.

I think if you put the covers on the wrong seat you would soon notice.

You could release the cover and add foam as required. I does not need to be all in one piece.

9275162403_80d0757398_b.jpg