Is this to good to be true OR are they to cheap to be GOOD

Think I've answered my own question, this looks like same product but shipped from Hong Kong (with same spelling mistakes as previous add) which claims shipping from Portsmouth !

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fit-Triumph-TR250-TR6-late-Performance-conrod-con-rod-connecting-rod-ARP-SALE-/221974372121?hash=item33aeb41f19:g:lLsAAOSwEetV8pBi

ATB Graham

Enginuity fitted them to my TR5 during rebuild as a cheaper alternative to carillos.

There are a couple of people here who have used them too.

They were comparably equal weight (I did to the gram); they were redesigned after launch to move the oil hole/path in the piston into the right place (someone in Sideways Technologies website referred to this). Much lkighter than the standard rods but heavier than carillo obviously.

I thought they were excellent, gudgeon pins from pistons fitted nicely without need to ream etc. But what do i know, Jerry at Enginuity reported they fitted well and needed no additional machining.

My engine is a fast road engine, I have a rev limiter at 5750 and, after 3500 miles all is well.

Famous last words?

Snowy

Sorry just to clarify, the rods needed no machining but the block (mine is a TR5/250 block) needed a small notch/relief at the bottom of each bore to avoid the rods touching. If you bore out further than 40 thou then this is apparently less of a problem.

Snowy

Some racing rods are so beefy that they won't fit through the bore unless enlarged to 2.6 liters. Weight savings not so much. Carillos are in the ~ 425-450g range. The weight reduction ( ~ 4 lbs where it really counts ) makes the engine feel more like square compared to one with balanced stock rods ( I've got both ). I wonder what the effect on safe redline might be. The sole downside is cost; I wonder how long they will still be available.

My next engine will have them without a doubt!

Cheers,

Tom

This has come up a number of times on the Sideways Forum.

Some of the threads date from when these things first appeared on the market and certainly there were issues with fit at the beginning. These may have been addressed......

http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/670-con-rods-made-in-china/?hl=%20max%20%20speeding%20%20rods

http://sideways-technologies.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/1829-maxspeedingrods-con-rods/?hl=%2Bmax+%2Bspeeding+%2Brods&do=findComment&comment=23821

Various people nave bought them. Results...... variable.

Nick