TR4a metal dash panel template.

I'm converting to RHD, so need to get hold of this panel one way or the other.

Ringing around various suppliers confirms my suspicion that they are either unobtainable or stupid prices.

One option is to cut the LHD one up and weld the bits back together in RHD form.

To do this,it would be very useful to have a template. Just wondering if anyone has a car semi dismantled and could draw around the panel for me? If in the SE, I could drop in at weekend and Do it.

Ray

Hi Ray it's a bit cheeky of me but I'm of the same need, should you get one would you mind making 2 templates or perhaps forward the one you make after using, I will pay costs etc. Just starting the same procedure, but needs to be carried out as economically as possible.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Ray,

I may be wrong but if you have a LDH metal dash could you not lay it flat on its face and draw around it.

This would be LHD one way and RHD the other.

Shouldn't be too difficult to knock out - once you have the metal sheet.

Roger

Roger, I have to apologise - when I first read your reply I thought, no, you can't do that as the dash is curved over at the back to provide reinforcement, so can't be turned over. It's only this morning I realised - draw round it and turn the template over - Doh!

Wish me luck - I start pulling the dash apart this morning...I hope my welding is up to it, but at least it will be covered up with a nice new wooden dash.

Ray

Hi Ray,

assuming that you can get a piece of 19swg (1mm) sheet steel - then placing the dash face down on the sheet You can mark out everything that needs cutting and/or bending.

There should be no welding required except maybe for a few brackets (that may need removing to allow it to lay flat).

Turning over the edge shouldn't be too TRoublesome.

Roger