Tex bullet mirror getting loose

Hola, one of my TEX bullet mirrors is getting loose and won't stay in place. I've been trying to tighten the rear screw while holding the lense casing but it looks as if it turns loose. Is there anything I should know as to how to tighten the damn screw before I start removing the mirror lense?

Thanks

Hola, one of my TEX bullet mirrors is getting loose and won't stay in place. I've been trying to tighten the rear screw while holding the lense casing but it looks as if it turns loose. Is there anything I should know as to how to tighten the damn screw before I start removing the mirror lense?

Thanks

Not sure how the Tex brand mirrors work but my TR6 bullet mirrors have a screw that secures the mirror to the housing then a screw at the bottom of the case that secures the mirror to the bracket. Is the problem that the mirror is no longer secured to the bracket or the bracket is no longer secured to the door ?. I have had both problems in the past and the cure is different. If the mirror is loose on the bracket it may need the bracket adjusting or the thread in the bracket or the screw may be stripped. If the bracket is loose on the door then that just needs to be corrected with new/better fasteners.

Stan

. Is the problem that the mirror is no longer secured to the bracket

Stan

Yes and my question is is there a way to secure it back without removing the mirror glass - at the risk of breaking it...

• 10 months later...

I purchased a pair of tex wing mirrors a while ago, I'm the throws of getting body ready for paint and want to drill holes prior to painting.

I have read recently that the view out of these mirrors is not brilliant. I am of the 6ft variety and wondered if their might be any body out there with the same disposition with text mirrors who are happy with them , and could enlighten with their positioning on there car with a photo or some dimensions.

Best Mark.

Hi Mark

I have door mounted Bullitt mirrors on mine ,the field of vision is not good and the glass does not tighten enough to prevent it vibrating. As for position mine are fitted close to the leading edge of the doors by PO. I would prefer the standard type but would have too much bodywork to do to make it worthwhile.

Hope this helps

Cheers Brian