Irregular carb movement

Lets hope it is the butterflies.

But its worth bearing in mind that the carbs might be working fine. In which case the different piston lifts are revealing different air flows and we start looking into rockers, valves, cam lobes etc. So I'd do compression measurements next, if the buttlerfles are sync'd.

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

Swap dashpot, piston. spring, needle assy from front carb with back carb. Just ubdo 3 screws on each and lift the assemblies out - DO NOT mix up the pistons and dash pots as they are supposedly matched. There is a timing test for them.

Does the problem move with the dash pot assemblies?

You should not need to mess with the mixture as this is only an in the garage test.

Cheers

Peter W

worth checking float bowl overflows i had a blocked overflow (rust in small steel pipe) on one carb it did crazy things which included out of balance piston lifts ?

How'd it do that ? I could see the air pressure above the fuel in the f/c going screwy, perhaps dropping below atmospheric. That would lean the mixture badly. Or fuel vapour adding pressure and richening the mixture. But leaning or richening the needle would

not need to change position. I dont see the link to the piston lift.... :unsure:

Peter