Help identifying some bits & peices

Hi all

Having a bit of a clearout - 2 items here I'm not sure about so would appreciate some help identifying them.

Firstly is a old smiths heater assembly on which I can't find any identifying numbers - it looks similar to later models (I presume) on ebay but this is I suspect older because the casing is alloy not plastic. It seems to work fine - anybody know the vehicles it was fitted to - I will be selling it in case anyone is interested in it.

post-10723-0-22875200-1443981767_thumb.jpgpost-10723-0-63095900-1443982049_thumb.jpgpost-10723-0-41098400-1443982068_thumb.jpg

Secondly, this is a Churchill tool but can anybody tell me what it is for - is it TR related? It has the part no 18G 571/1 stamped underneath it

post-10723-0-39429200-1443982168_thumb.jpgpost-10723-0-94558800-1443982183_thumb.jpg

Hope someone can help - I've resized the photos to get them all on here so hope it hasn't compromised the quality too much.

cheers

Rich

Rich

The 2nd item could be a clutch plate alignment tool.

I don't have one for the 6, so you will need confirmation from the sages here

18G571 typed into the internet finds this Mini clutch tool

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/bmc-churchill-factory-service-tool-471817762

The fan assy I would suspect to be either older than 1960 or for an upmarket car as it looks like it has an aluminium casing. The same style item is used on AH but has a bakelite casing. Try asking Ashley Hinton http://www.mg-cars.org.uk/ah/heater.htm

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

This is indeed the early mini clutch plate alignment tool.

The fan assembly certainly looks like alloy, which was unusual and was restricted to a few upmarket marques in the 1950s . . . . . Humber for example switched to Bakelite with the '57 Hawk and '58 Super Snipe. Probably worth a few bob to someone with a relevant car, which implies the likes of Alvis, Armstrong Siddeley, Bristol or Lagonda . . . . .

Cheers

Alec

Thanks everyone for all your help and ideas.

The Churchill tool appears to be sorted in terms of identification so thanks Peter W and Alec, although I have to say it is slightly different to the one shown in the "worthpoin" site - it will be going on ebay shortly unless anyone here is interested.

The heater unit is a little more interesting - I think I must have acquired this when I spent many hours in the early seventies in a local scrapyard scrounging bits off a whole host of old cars, mostly those with lots of instruments such as Jags ( MKVII & VIIIs as I recall ) so Alec's observations are probably right on the button. A couple of similar units have been on ebay recently, advertised as Aston DB6, which shapewise look very close but are in plastic, so we must be getting warm. Just checked Ebay now and there's also an almost identical one in alloy although it doesn't say what it's from, although the seller has a load of Austin Somerset bits for sale, so that may be a clue - 1 bidder at moment!

I'll also follow up on Peter's suggestion of trying Ashley Hinton.

Will keep you posted if I find out anymore

Cheers

Rich