Kevo's Tour Of Spain & France

...also looking to do another continental trip late next year (September is quieter) so very interested in reading all the stories. Last time I went through France I used Alistair Sawdays (AS) B&B guide which has a map of the B&B locations, we stayed in beautiful places as AS focuses on interesting properties is a water mill, chateaux, Farm with Gites. Check out the site, we planned our route allowing 4 hours maximum driving on none major roads. Top down fun :)

http://www.sawdays.co.uk/find#!display=list

Cheers

Charles

Hi Charles, we did a few châteaus, tree house and a vineyard. If you need there details let me know.

.....and mine to match the sun. I had the TR4A for nearly 2 years but recently bought a Mimosa Yellow 6 with allegedly accurate 13,600 on the clock (no I dont believe it either)....... I AM COLLECTING IT TOMORROW .....CAN'T WAIT.

Charles

Glad you had a great time Kevo and that the 6 ran perfect.

Theres a few of us off to Laon next year its their 25th anniversary...loads going on. Come along.

Steve

Glad you had a great time Kevo and that the 6 ran perfect.

Theres a few of us off to Laon next year its their 25th anniversary...loads going on. Come along.

Steve

Thanks Steve. Laon sounds great, love to do that.

Is this a Red 6 only offer?

post-12736-0-39863000-1443546393_thumb.jpg

Hi Denis, all good fun. I fitted a cooling coil before I left but I don't think it was needed as it was raining most of the time with no real warm temperatures. (maybe I tempted fate)

No! You did the right thing...it's not the ambient temperature...it's the weight of the pumps armature spinning away on the brass thrust washer which overheats, and then starts screeching...then, the brushes burn out and it stops running!

No! You did the right thing...it's not the ambient temperature...it's the weight of the pumps armature spinning away on the brass thrust washer which overheats, and then starts screeching...then, the brushes burn out and it stops running!

Good to know it was not a waste of time.

Hi

We got back home Friday night, after 1200 or so TRrouble free miles :D :D :D, no spannering :P . We had a great time, met some great people, stayed in some really lovely places and probably drank too much wine :rolleyes: . Weather was **** most of the time but we were determined to keep the roof down apart from a couple of times when the rain was so hard and I could not go quick enough to stop it coming in.

Angouleme was great and the 2 really sunny whole days for 2 weeks.

Many thanks for all of your good wishes especially to our international forum members Kevin - KOB, Marc – MARC R and Alan – KIWIFROG for giving me their phone numbers, offers of help and spares if they had them.

Thanks to Andrew Smith for his recommendations for places to stay. Michel and Erica also send their regards Andrew.

If you’re thinking of doing a similar trip, go for it, it’s brilliant. So many people, beep you, give the thumbs up, smile and the car turns many heads.

Many people come over to you to talk about the car.

This is the route we took: - Depart Portsmouth on Cap Finistère to Santander, Spain. Stayed one night in Bilbao, Spain then onto Biarritz, France for two nights, then onto the Dordogne area staying 1 night in a superb Treehouse in Nojals-et-Clotte, then to Saint-Vincent-de-Cosse for one night, then to the vineyard in Minzac for two 2 nights, then to Angouleme for 2 nights and then left there for a 6 hour drive to my house near Mayenne for 4 nights, Then Home :(. (Ooh lots of then's)

A massive thank you to all and if I have missed anyone out I am sincerely sorry.

This FORUM has been SO helpful and inspirational to help me and encourage me to persevere :wub: .

I was thinking of you, we had to leave Charente on the Friday evening just prior to the Concours as we had tickets for Rugby on the Sunday in UK. I did keep a look out in my mail box just in case but it seems all ok. PERFECT

I was thinking of you, we had to leave Charente on the Friday evening just prior to the Concours as we had tickets for Rugby on the Sunday in UK. I did keep a look out in my mail box just in case but it seems all ok. PERFECT

Thanks Kevin, very much appreciated. Indeed it was PERFECT.