Rear suspension spacers

Hi,

I purchased a TR3 (UDM 995) in Feb this year is various boxes and bags and it came with a TR4 chassis, the original body plus additional fibreglass wings and a good selection of engines, gearboxes etc.

I'm rebuilding it for my brother (I'm a hobbyist restorer) and have the engine well under way, the front suspension almost ready to roll (see pics) but it looks like the rear suspension requires the 3 inch aluminium spacers between the spring and the axle and these aren't in any of the boxes. I've tried Moss and Rimmer but neither have these spacers in stock so I was wondering if anyone here knows where they can be obtained, or is there another option.

Thanks

Dave

post-13191-0-26435400-1439302044_thumb.jpg

post-13191-0-43789000-1439302060_thumb.jpg

If this is the 3/16 tick packing piece you're refering to, if my memory serve these were fitted on the RH of the suspension to offset the weight of the driver on early TR4 LHD. This item was subsequently deleted from production.

Edited by Geko

For a TR3 you should not need item 22 unless the wrong springs are fitted.

Bob.

You'll see in my post that it's a TR3 which came with a TR4 chassis. The original chassis was past it, I am told by the person who stored and collected the various boxes of bits over the past 20 years :-)

I've uploaded a pic of the axle on the chassis which gives a good gap that only the spacers could fill as far as I can see.

In the various boxes of parts are also 2 sets of extra long U bolts which seem to point to this chassis having the spacers.

Thanks

post-13191-0-46438700-1439383009_thumb.jpg

Edited by dalbuie

Easy to check whether the spacer is needed. The earlier flatter spring is 40.5 inches eye-to-eye but the later deep-dish springs which need the lowering block had an eye-to-eye dimension of 39.5 inches.

Remember that when the full weight of the (complete) car is on those springs they will flatten out considerably.

I don't think the TR4 chassis is different to the 3 chassis in this respect, it's just wider.

Bob.