Hi Fellow Sidescreeners.

Just spent three days driving the 3A for 553 miles touring with stops, in the mountains in Andalucia. Some serious bends, hills and trees as well as hairpins, so I relived Stelvio for a short spell.

Well suntan oiled up on face and arms, but got burnt on upper arms from inside of the elbows, and of all places, the tips of my ears, forgot to oil them.

On the final leg home I was cruising along the motorway when a cop car came up behind and bleeped me. Thinking that I had done something wrong, I waited till he drew level when to my pleasant surprise he used his bull horn to shout "Muy Guapo" which means very beautifull, twice , then waived and drove on. Some cops appreciate nice cars!

Dave

A timely warning as we get into the main driving season Dave. Skin cancer is a big problem and we all need to be sure to apply sun screen to all the exposed bits including ears that often are not covered by a hat.

Also as you discovered driving season is also waving season at least around here. Better practice that queen wave.

Stan

Stan

Totally agree, that is why we here in Spain are so careful when in the sun for only short periods, and always start with laughing at the Brits on the beach, but then it turns to sympathy when we see the beetroots walking along most peculiarly.

As for waving, it starts with a toot from other motorists which we respond with a raised arm as they go by us, this happens all the time especially in France, but never before have we had a police patrol car react like that, but as I said, some cops recognise a good quality car when they see one.

The Queen´s wave is a normal type, not like her father who used to rotate his wrist whilst waving to His people.

Dave

Practical info - how to spot a possible melanoma, look for strange moles:

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/malignant-melanoma/Pages/Introduction.aspx

"It's also becoming more common in the UK over time, thought to be caused by increased exposure to UV light from the sun and sunbeds."

Peter

Edited by Peter Cobbold

Just spent three days driving the 3A for 553 miles touring with stops, in the mountains in Andalucia.

Dave, was that the rally Alfas del Pi to Granada of last week? Any photos to share?

By the way, maybe you know that your car (included driver and navigator) is pictured in

http://www.carlosimagen.es/fotografias/166

on occasion of a recent meeting in Alicante. (scroll to the bottom).

Best regards.

Jesús

Dave, was that the rally Alfas del Pi to Granada of last week? Any photos to share?

By the way, maybe you know that your car (included driver and navigator) is pictured in

http://www.carlosimagen.es/fotografias/166

on occasion of a recent meeting in Alicante. (scroll to the bottom).

Best regards.

Jesús

Hi Jesus

No it wasn´t that, as I did not know about that one.

After the show in Alicante, we were in a group of six cars that went down to Cazorla for three days. We had been before but we went along for the social side, we were planning to go up past Ubeda to Jaen, but that will have to wait for the next trip now.

Thanks for the pictures about the Alicante show, we were in about 5 or 6 shote throughout the sequence.

Are you fully mobile in your TR3A yet?

Dave