Inner wheel arch dilemma

I am currently coming to the end of a full nut and bolt restoration of a 1972 UK car.

My current problem is regarding the finish of the inner wheel arches and the back face of both front and rear wings.

The restoration includes a new CTM chassis and the body underside has been upol Stone chipped and over painted in body colour. At present the inner arches are also stone chipped and over painted body colour.

Should I leave these as is, or apply something else over the top. I am a bit concerned to apply underseal to the fresh painted surface, as it could be seen as covering things up when it comes to selling my pride and joy.

Also the back face of the wings would these be best in a stonechip or underseal.

Any guidence here would be greatly appreciated.

Anywhere you can get the stuff is how I did it.

What he says, except mine was done with waxoil. Plastered everywhere under the wheel arches then had wheel arch liners fitted. Had my GT6 plastered in waxoil too.

If you are going to do it yourself cover the garage floor with plastic sheeting and wear one of those disposable plastic "onesies."

Tony

Edited by Bald Rick

Is there a clear version of this type of product?

Currently the level of finish is very high and it's a shame to cover it up.

Obviously I need some form of waxy protection, but if a clear version, then best of both worlds

Is there a clear version of this type of product?

Currently the level of finish is very high and it's a shame to cover it up.

Obviously I need some form of waxy protection, but if a clear version, then best of both worlds

Waxoyl is available in clear. Its what I use all the time underneath.

Stuart.