TR3 Engine Rebuild DVD

Hi sage ones,

just a word or warning. I thought I would treat my self to this engine rebuild DVD. It's advertised on eBay and costs £20. The advert says it's based on a full strip down and rebuild of a TR3 engine but nothing is said about the liners or figure of eight seals or how to adjust the deck heights! What a waste of money. I've sent it back for a refund.

Regards, Pete

I have a dvd, which for a novice like me was a very useful introduction to taking an engine apart and knowing what's in there and what all the rattly bits are called. I don't think i would embark upon a rebuild on the back of it tho !!

Hi, I didn't feel I needed it, it was just out of interest just to see if there were some usefull tips I wasn't aware of. I wouldn't want anyone to waste their money on this one when it doesn't do what it says on the tin.

Regards, Pete

I built my first TR engine at the age of seven, well I was 18 really but had a mental age of 7, new liners were fitted and the figure of 8 gaskets fitted, all was clean, didn't know you had to put sealer on the fig of 8 thingys.

its a simple engine and it ran like a dream, until the water fell in love with the oil, and the kernocking started.

after another crank grind I did it again and bugger me it worked a treat. the thing about the learning curve is the younger you screw up the faster you forget it.

"...someone who doesn't know anything..."

That me to a tee, easily pleased :huh: