New Wings.

Hello.

I'm considering buying new front and rear wings in the sale from Moss for my latest restoration project as the existing ones are past their sell-by date and was wondering if the new ones are actually a good fit or do they need much "fettling".?

I think Stuart would be the Guru to answer this question but any help will be greatfully received.

Regards

Dex

Depends on how good you are with a bit of lead ;) Personally originals are better if you can find them, or repair what you have if at all possible.

Stuart.

My philosophy is always repair what ya got over buying new. For a sidescreen car, at least, almost any wing can be repaired. For all TR2-6 there are now pretty decent patch panels. I'd try real hard not to move to new wings.

i have had to replace my 2 rear wings on my restoration project , with new heritage wings. All I can say is that they do fit in a fashion , but will require a bit of work more so the OS wing,. I did look out for old wings on ebay etc and tried a couple of reconditioned wings but was very disappointed and returned them. I would love a couple of NOS rear wings myself but if anyone has them they are out of my ££££ range !. Hopefully when sorted and fitted they will be fine, many restorers such as TRGB use heritage wings and gave me honest advice as to the quality and what to expect from mine.

My old wings were way past repairing.

Len

Edited by len1

Joe Alexander of Alexander Racing Enterprises is helping Keith Niehaus of Niehaus Restoration Products (both of the US state of Iowa) in the distribution of his range of TR4-TR6 patch panels. I believe these are starting to be carried by many of the usual vendors, too.

Depending on exactly what is your ongoing project, some of these might be of interest. NFI on my part, and no experience with the parts either.

http://www.the-vintage-racer.com/index.php/categoryhome/niehaus-restoration-products/category/60-tr6-parts