USA Connversions

Gents

Could I ask, what is the opinion of the honourable forum with regards USA cars that have been converted to RHD?

Do they cost less than original RHD versions?

Any probable problems to look out for?

Asking as I plan to change my car this year.

As far as I'm concerned, a converted TR6 deserve a lower value than an authentic (and far more rare) RHD (in equivalent condition)

I own several TRs, including 2 TR3As, one is a LHD, the other is a RHD : if, one day, I decide to convert to RHD the LHD one (ex USA), and try to sell both cars in GB, I'm sure that the original RHD would sell for more, and faster.

I'm sure this apply to TR6s too.

Edited by Chris59

I've a USA bodied car, immaculate chassis, rust free body, converted to Rhd, Cp head, Pi, correct pi dizzy etc, very happy with it. Getting a UK rust free body and chassis is a challenge so if you get one great, if like me you don't mind doing the upgrade to full UK spec on a us rust free car I don't see the downside. Some want an original car whatever that is after 40 years use...not saying they don't exist but hens teeth come to mind. Just my opinion.

Hi I have ex USA TR6 for nine years rust free no problems with spares only diff rear lights change to UK spec,some people say they know one at 50 spaces good for them!!! I amm happy to own such a good car regardless of spec,so get one and enjoy.

To be honest I think a lot of people would not mind a dry state US converted car if it were the same spec as a UK car and the same power ,if it had been probably done I would not value it any less