Electronic control horns

This link was posted on the ADVRider adventure motorbike forum, where a guy mounted these on his Moto Guzzi. He painted them black and rewired the terminals, ending up quite happy with the noise they make.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=984512

Here's a YouTube example of the sound. Note that when the guy states the horns have ten "tones" it really means more like ten "tunes".

This is a modification I could consider -- I have my original horns, which make a nice, rich period sound. But they don't give me a lot of security when they're really needed. Louder and more distinctive could be a good safety upgrade.

They'd be just the ticket for your TR3A, Fireman Tom. (smile)

Edited by Don H.

Hi Don ~

Great stuff!! :lol:

In the late 1960's some of our fire engines were fitted with Bosch 'Supertone' two-tone electric horns.

These gave a VERY penetrating sound! Needless to say, I bought a pair of these horns (high and low notes)

and fitted them to my Mini. Obviously I couldn't use them as two-tone horns but the sound they issued

in parallel were 'Paint Removing!'. :lol:They were very expensive to buy at the time ~ £5 - 5s.

when a pair of Lucas 'Wind tone' horns were £1 - 19s.!!

These horns are now fitted to my 'E'-type Jaguar and are far superior to the Lucas horns!

Best regards ~

Tom. ;)

PS: I've just been on the Internet and a pair of Bosch horns like mine are selling

for over $500 in America!!! :o:o

PPS: I've just remembered that I have two sets of these horns!!! :):) :)

PPPS: Someone in Fresno, California is auctioning a boxed pair ~ starting price $3,500. :o:o

Edited by Fireman049

Cyclists are, understandably, keen to be noticed, and some VERY LOUD HORNS have been produced for them.

A lot cheaper than the above, too!

http://www.londoncyclist.co.uk/loud-bike-horns-and-bike-bells/

Or, you could use these unobtrusive items:

John

Cyclists are, understandably, keen to be noticed, and some VERY LOUD HORNS have been produced for them.

A lot cheaper than the above, too!

http://www.londoncyclist.co.uk/loud-bike-horns-and-bike-bells/

"Cheaper" being relative, I guess, John? Those Chinese horns in the original post are about £11 delivered. I guess for some folks the £27 Kickstarter ones or the £17 Airzound ones from your link might be an option, but "a lot cheaper"? Dunno -- you'll have to explain that one to me... :unsure:

I think my neighbours son has these on his Skyline!! Another neighbour who has an old motorbike takes great delight in setting the alarm off when he rides past.

Graeme