I read on this forum that rebuilding a Tr in the 70s was impossible, there were no parts available !

I bought my first TR6 in 1978 as a young lad, I remember that parts were hard to come by ,most BL garages did not have spares , We had to drive to just south of Birmingham to Cox and Buckles, which I think became Moss. Also the Northern TR centre, TR bitz did not exist, I remember The TR Register had a Spares Fund ,

Nice, to read all of this testimonies and comments from the '60 - '70. I bought in France my first TR6 PI in 1986 after my 1st 6 months working as a young engineer; my previous car was a Renault 4 GLT! (You imagine the difference and the changes in terms of image, entertainment and pleasure).

It was definitively not easy to find spares and I was hunting few car scrap yards and local engineering firms and starting to use French supplier like Classic cars, Green cars… and Lucas Services France as well as UK based companies (using tel. & fax) like Cox & Buckles, Triumph Tune and TR Workshop.

The very good point was the good quality & reliability of the spares....and it was not difficult to find a local garage with knowledge to advice on mechanics and way to do it.

The key issue at least for me in France was to find the right valid technical information and references (Triumph / BL ROM and Spare parts catalogue) in order to keep the car with the original configuration, deal with specifics details and use the right technical data.

Best regards