Programmed wash-wipe and intermittent

What began as an hour or so playing with a relay from the VW/Audi range ended up like this:

L1050720_zpsf5beeb21.jpg

The relay on the right is a type 19 VW/Audi programmable wash-wipe/intermittent relay. The wash-wipe function is triggered from the feed to the washer pump. A short press on the washer button gives one wipe, a longer press gives more, up to 4 wipes on the TR. I couldn't get the variable intermittent to work because of the way the DR3 motor needs it's inputs earthed for the motor to run. So I got hold of the middle relay which gives a fixed 5 second intermittent wipe function. The relay on the left is there to take the output from either the wash-wipe relay or the intermittent relay and turn that into a momentary earth connection to start the wiper motor off, or keep it running for 4 wipes in the case of the wash-wipe function. The intermittent function is triggered by a switched earth from a pull switch under the dash at present. No extra switch required for the wash-wipe. What I might do when it warms up a bit is to repurpose the steering column lighting switch to be the wiper control. That would give me both motor speeds and the flasher could be used for wash-wipe. I might even be able to find a suitable switch to add intermittent to the stalk. The lighting switch would then reside on the switch panel where the wiper switch is now -same switch, different knob.

Edited by peejay4A

HI Pete, yes, if there is anyway you can share this as John suggests. Tidy install too.

Just one question what's the big white box on the left of the picture that seems to be plumbed in to the loom?

Mark

Thanks Folks. I didn't sketch this out, I put it together on the fly so to speak so I'll need a short while to commit it to paper. It's definitely phase 1. I'm sure the VW relay can be made to work both functions on its own but it eluded me this time around.

Mark; the white box is the wiper motor bleached out by the flash.

Roger; I've installed the SCR based overdrive logic unit, etched the PCB etc. it's a circuit I found on the forum somewhere. Edit: It was designed by Mr H Holden.

Edited by peejay4A

HI Pete, yes, if there is anyway you can share this as John suggests. Tidy install too.

Just one question what's the big white box on the left of the picture that seems to be plumbed in to the loom?

Mark

EDIT

Edited by pfenlon