Merry Christmas and a question about exhaust fitting!

Spent a happy hour yesterday trial fitting the new exhaust, have to break for the festivities but in case anyone has a spare minute thought I post a question

Everything has gone on swimmingly except for one bracket

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID600071

Part 17 in this diagram is missing from my car ( ie I don't have one on the exhaust I removed)

I've fitted this system

http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-GRID600077

And it has the same brackets for part 17 to attach to

So here's where I have a query. I can make bracket 17 but where does it attach to on the car?

Cheers, merry Christmas.

Happy Christmas Grumpy, It fits onto the gearbox mount,and has a set nut in it to wind one of the gearbox mount bolts through...on parts 28 and 29 of your system there are welded on eyes of different lengths which then bolt onto part no, 17. i also reckon i may have one somewhere.....

Have fun,

Conrad........been out for a drive this morning, roof down, santa hat on, delivering presents.....

Yo ho ho , The Sherriff of the Notts masquerading as Santa, no doubt you've been surveying the peasants and ensuring they are taking any time off for Xmas, well one good deed done Conrad. Good luck with exhaust fitting Grumpy, fitting stuff to gearbox mounts requires some laying down graft.

Great day for a spin just got back, merry Xmas all Tiaras...OK should be TR'ers.

Non overdrive similar to this A type overdrive? J type bolts to a redundant stud facing backwards on the back of the overdrive with a different bracket, these become rear gearbox mounts on a saloon!

Bracket is the same for non overdrive and they are available cheaply enough though you will find that the repro brackets need a little grinding off the side next to the gearbox mounting bracket so they sit at the slight angle towards the middle that is required.

Stuart.

Spent a happy afternoon making up a set brackets and hangers using exhaust bobbins and steel bar. All loosely fitted ready to remove seal and refit tomorrow or Monday.

Happy days hopefully

Thanks for the info folks

Gary