Draught flap on hood - again

My TR3A came with a new hood (top), and the Tenax fasteners were already installed, as in the attached photo. It seems that they are wrongly fitted clamping the weather flap to the outer skin.

Should I free the flap placing the dished nut between the flap and the hood outer skin?

In the current shape, the Tenax fasteners engage on the peg with difficult.. I am afraid that with the flap freed and uncompressed, they will need more force.

Thanks for your comments.

Jesús

post-2902-0-66162900-1419000776_thumb.jpg

You are correct that the female nuts need to be moved to the outer hood section. The flap sits over the nuts of the male pin. The hole will be large enough given the threaded part of the Female press stud is already through both.

So swap all the fasteners to the outer hood section and when fitting put the flap over the nut and press the female onto the male trapping the flap between.