quick response needed engine lube

In the garage as we speak . I am in the throws of rebuilding my engine , I have got as far as crank in just about to fit piston to con rods I am using grahogen on all bearings.

I was going to use engine oil on the bores and pistons, but on the tube of grahogen it reads you can use this as well. Would this be advisable

Thanks Mark

+1 for the straight engine oil. The additive rich Graphagen has lots of slippy stuff in there which is good for bearings and bad for piston rings trying to bed in to freshly honed surfaces.

Read the posts regarding the first 20mins of the engines life with regard to camshaft and followers bedding in. If you have a used camshaft and followers it won't apply but try and make sure your oil has lots of ZDDP anyway to help the tappets life and then review BMEPon the search facility for running to help bed in the new piston rings and rehoned cylinders which you will need.

Mick Richards