Gel deep cycle batteries

Is there a way to recharge these after going completely flat. The smarter chargers wont recognise a battery even attached!

going to try an old fashioned charger to see of they will kick start.

Any other reco's

I had one of these, amazing current capabilities, but after leaving the lights on I killed it by bump starting the car... Since then it's "abuse friendly" std lead acid for me.

I would be surprised if you can recover it....

Edited by ctc77965o

Looks like three Deep cycle batteries are dead and one transgender 12volt leas acid which has turned into a 6volt. Tried over night with a traditional charger and only succeeded in getting a 6 volt.

These were from my late fathers garage and he must have left them too long without charging, shame as I paid about £90 a pop for them 3 years ago.

The Aldi/Lidl chargers work a treat and have one on the TR regardless of usage and use two more on a set of reserve batteries.

Worth a try so I'll leave them outside the garage as someone will surely nick them, they nick everything else not screwed down.

You might try a low current 'dumb' battery charger for a long time, ie days.

I'm thinking less than an amp.

This may revive them to a level than will accept a higher charge rate or 'clever' charger.

Steve