I guess that most of us suffer to a greater or lesser degree from the wiper blade that rests just off the screen acquiring a "set" which means it doesn't wipe properly when pressed into service. Some people park their blades vertically on the screen but that can be a faff as you have to do it every time you park up and it's not clever on a dry screen. What I do if it looks like rain is to swap the blades over. Then the flat one is on the driver side (for RHD cars) and the one with the set seems to wipe OK on the passenger side. Give it a whirl, it works for me and I've been out in some serious rain just lately.

Pete and Graeme

I have just received my Tex Automotive sprung blades and wipers

They are 9¨ long and have spoon fittings so the old type can be changed. The arms are also sprung and are length adjustable with a screw in the end to lock onto the wheelbox splines better, my old ones shed a complete arm when in France last month.

Part nos. are B00309 for the blades and U81500 for the arms for LHD, cars I believe U80500 are those for RHD cars

Don´t know when it will rain to try them out but on a dry screen they just about move across it because of the more powerful springs to hold them against the screen in the wind.

Dave

I have the same (or similar) as Dave on my car and they are certainly a lot better than the original type. Only (minor) downside with mine is that I can't lift them right back to clean the screen as they just spring back. Whilst the problem described by Pete doesn't affect sidescreen cars as the screen is virtually flat, the change is still well worthwhile.

Whilst the problem described by Pete doesn't affect sidescreen cars as the screen is virtually flat, the change is still well worthwhile.

Last winter I swapped the flat blades on the 3A, for Tex Automotive's sprung blades (no.B00308) which made a huge difference.

However, even they started smearing in the freezing temperatures of last January, which reminds me . . . must add a dash of vodka to the screen wash this year! ^_^

Wipers1_zps145bef46.jpg

Cheers, Deggers

Edited by Deggers