TR4 Brake Bleeding Method with Servo

Folks:

I added a remote brake servo as part of my rebuild. I've bled the brakes 2 times and the pedal still goes down to the floor quite a bit. Is there a special method to bleed brakes if you have a servo installed ?

Many thanks,

JB

JB,

If you are sure you have fitted the cylinder seals the right way round, and have no leaks, try taking the servo out of the circuit and see if you still have a problem. I do not believe there is any special procedure for bleeding with a servo.

Mike

Not sure I know how to bleed a servo as such, there's no bleed nipple. I fitted a servo during my rebuild and there's no special bleed technique required. It took me ages to get a firm pedal though and one procedure which helped was suggested by Stuart. Get the system bled as well as you can then jam the brake pedal hard down with a broom handle or somesuch and leave it for as long as you can. As I was busy doing other stuff I left it for several days. One final whizz around the bleed nipples and I got a firm pedal.

Tks for all your replies. I do have the servo pointing slightly upward. I did some Googling and some folks say to bleed the servo, you crack the outlet fitting and continue to bleed it until fluid comes out of servo outlet fitting, tighten it up and continue bleeding brakes as normal

I'm not sure if this is right or not ???

Thanks

JB

It's the way I bled my Servo when I first got mine back on the road.

Just go over board withbrake fluid precautions if it's non silicone, kitchen roll paper, rags, garden spray bottle full of meths, etc.Crack open the union with a helper keeping the pressure on the brakes.As soon as you see fluid weeping from the joint.... tighten up.

Good luck with it and safe driving.

Bob

Hi,

The mounting angles of a hydrovac are very important to respect:

main body angle to absolute horizontality: 39°
angle of the air valve in relation with the main body : 135° from center top. The air valve is below the main body of the unit.

If this is OK, the hydrovac does noy impede brake bleeding.

Badfrog

Crack the union as described: My mot-a-vac has a separate bleed-nipple on the servo, not sure which manufacturers included one and which didn't!

Good luck - It can take a few goes to shift all the air from the system, but well worth persevering!

Cheers

Adey