Door handle removal

Silly, but I have struggled to get the internal door handle and window winder off

The manual says depress the bezel and release the pin

I can't seem to find the pin

Any advice appreciated

I know it I'll be simple so I apologies in advance for such a naff query

Graze

Graze

Can be a very awkward job - especially for the first time!

Push the bezel back (against the spring that sits under/behind it) - you will then see the 'shaft' of the winder/door handle. there is a hole in this at 90 deg to each and through one of these there is a small slightly tapered pin, the length of which is the diameter of the handle shaft. You shall probably need to rotate the handle to a workable position. I use a similar dia drill bit to push out the pin. The bezel spring can cause problems here! Can be frustrating!!! Getting the pin back in can be equally as much fun, probably more!!! Long nosed pliers required here!

Cheers

Ian

1/8" welding rod is perfect for this job, both extraction of the old pin, and replacement of a new pin.

To replace pin, measure the old pin and partially cut through the welding rod at this length, get the bezel and spring pushed in, put the partially cut section through the spindle, a little sideways tweak and the end of your welding rod will snap off and become your new pin.

Cheers Rob

Well as expected the advice from my fellow forumers was excellent and allowed me to remove 3 of the 4 offending handles to give me access to the doors so i could grease all the slides and replace the window rubbers & brushes

thanks guys

a note to others who may be attempting this - someone had managed to insert 1 of the four pins parallel to the handle not at 90' - there I was banging away trying to force the pin out when it occurred to me to chack the othar window handle to see if it had holes in both directions - and they do, so as soon as I tried to knock out the pin parallel to tha handle it worked

as I work my way around this lovely old car I am finding a multitude of innovative ways that people have "fixed" things

the joys of righting an old car

Graze

Edited by Graze