Silverstone GP track day with MGOT

That looks fun!

I've only been to silverstone on a motorbike, a ducati which was too fast/scary for me!

I'd be keen to do a track day in the TR6 next year, once the suspension and driveline are checked out this winter.

Steve

Hi Jon,

Cheers.

Unsure of lap times, as not measured, but looking at getting an app for my phone, which records that.

Plan to be back out again next year, and keep you posted.

What is the target time. ?

I am planning a gear ratio, diff and overdrive change over winter.

Cheers.

Excellent photos at Donnington too

I also had a motorbike 'experience' there....... :-)

The more I think about a TRack Day the more I like the idea :-))

• 4 weeks later...

Mr Derbyshire, will let you know about the next one then. ? Will be in the new year now.

Hi Jon,

Full GP circuit.

When are you out in the 6 next. ? Hope all is well.

Cheers.

First TSCC Double Header now - late March I think.

I'm keen to get a date in the diary for this :-)

Will give a target for completion of driveline checks and finalising the brakes :-)

and something to look forward to in the cold winter months...... not that I'm planning to stop driving the car in any case.

Steve

I had a couple of goes at this track stuff some while back and really TBH after the first three or four laps, you've got the circuit pretty well taped & it kinda gets a bit sort of, well, dull really, doesn't it?

I reckon a supercharged TR6 with, say, 400bhp would be well competitive for drifting & loads more fun innit though.

Ooh it's past my bedtime

But Flatlands - why do I find it so hard to believe that you have not driven round a circuit or 2 ???? Too fat...?? Surely not!!!! I recall the saying (and it almost certainly applies to me!!!!) "The older I get, the faster I was!"

Edited by alan57

Hi Folks

With all this interest in going fast in the safe environment of a track you obviously should be taking part in the Revington TR / TR Register Sprint and Hillclimb Championship.

Regs and Programme of Events for 2014 should be posted on the website early next year once approved by the MSA.

If you need any further info or have any unanswered questions just drop me an e-mail.

rcmcewen@btinternet.com

Roger McEwen