TR6 megasquirt system on ebay

I have had a MS II system for 8 years. Dual baro, O2 input, Knocksense input, IACV, single throttle body, cable throttle, wasted spark, 12x12 ignition, VE, and AFR tables. I designed my own trigger wheels, damper interface, VR sensor mount, fuel tank, swirl pot, cold air intake, intake manifold heat shield, and intake manifold. Intake manifold has 20” runner length from bells to valve to tune for torque around 3400 RPM. Ignition tuned for Maximum Brake Torque from 1500 - 5000 rpm and 45 KPa to WOT.  Megasquirt is challenging without any side issues. My original swirl pot cavitated, running both fuel lines through T shirt resulted in really high fuel temps which affected tune, PCV intermittently bypassed air, MS calculated injector size wrong, O2 sensor failures (now on third type), firmware update problems, Knocksense doesn’t work well (I have made some electronic detonation can headphones), all the manuals contain errors, contradictions and missing information, TunerStudio is good but Autotune gooned up my tables several times until I clued in, Megalog viewer is your friend, forums not so much. MS is great IF you are the 1000th user for your engine type. 

BC345256-5AC0-45C7-8ACD-106DA04A7BDB.jpeg

9F00F73F-DBF7-4095-99AB-09EE8449F808.jpeg

Ever had it on a rolling road?

Regards

Bill 

It has been on a load control dynamometer in the speed control mode twice. Initial just to get it running. A second time  to dial in timing a little better.  Now that the AFR’s are good, I have to go back and do MBT spark hook runs.  The first run generated 175 lbft max at the rear wheel. HP max was 153 but this set up restricts breathing at higher RPM, HP= ( torque x RPM)/5252.  When HP figures are given, pay attention at what RPM. You could have two engines that have exactly the same torque output but if one goes to 9000 RPM and the other goes to 6000RPM, there’s a lot more HP at 9K.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:50 AM, Roadster Man said:

Message to Tony Millward.

I realise this is a very old topic but now in my retirement I’m contemplating converting my ‘71 TR6 to Megasquirt EFI

My car is a USA spec car that I rebuilt and converted to RHD between 1989-1992 nd much modified. BTW I have lived in Sydney since 1979 and am also an ex Pom but from Portsmouth. 

Hi,

Small world.  My son, also from Pompey, now lives in La Perouse.

As mentioned, Tony doesn't come here very often, I think he realised he had a life to live!  There is another guy from Perth who knows him 'Andrew P' so maybe PM him and see if he can put you in touch.

Either way it isn't a good idea to put your email on a public forum so best edit it out.

Good luck

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 5:55 PM, CK's TR6 said:

More photos and gratuitous interior shot.

BE8EE4FF-C719-47CD-A4A3-5AA633809710.jpeg

Your steering wheel is messing with my head.  Is it an optical illusion?

Nope.  I made it for greater leg room at the bottom. The circular part is a inch smaller than stock but the bottom is another couple inches. The solid aluminum core bolts up to stock hub. Then I glued Koa on the front and back to match the dashboard. Then I turned a gearshift knob out of Koa too.  I smile every time I drive the car because the wood just pops. The door pulls/ arm rests are Koa too.