rollover spit

hi

I am new to the TR6 world , having owned Stags for years. I have recently bought a good project TR6 , needs wings and other small repairs, I plan on taking body off chassis once repairs are complete. What I need to know is weather there is a rollover spit available for the tr6 ( body only) I had one for my Stag, but obviously that is not a separate chassis, Any info would be much appreciated,

Thanks

Len

Worth a look on eBay. I got one which I use of my midget project that I am sure could take a tr.

Tim

Len

This may be an option

The body can be lifted by the pulley system on a sliding pivot and locked at a suitable height.

Release the pivot and rotate.

Lift the front leg and take the chassis out to provide more working space.

All home made and a little rough around the edges but it did the job

.http://s211.photobucket.com/user/Lockley210/slideshow/Rotisserie

Cheers

Mark

Hi thanks for trying to help. That is my worry , once removed from chassis, I can see body is weakened, I obviously will brace it at the doors but it still concerns me turning it upside down , Any more ideas and info would be most appreciated, Thanks Len

How much work do you need to do on this?

As soon as you need to replace the floor-pans then the traditional method of separating into two halves can be used.

Each half is rigid enough to be flipped over by hand. Front half takes two or more people.

You dont join them again until you sit them on the chassis.

The key thing is how much room you have to work in.

hi . I don't need to replace the floor as both sides are good. Are you thinking this is the obvious way to approach this. i.e separate the two halves ? Is this not fraught with problems lining everything up again ?

Thanks for your thoughts .

Len