Nylon Injector Adaptors

Anyone got any idea as to how best to remove the nylon injector adaptor block (the one that injector goes through) from out of the inlet manifold. A couple of my injectors are a little loose but when trying to replace the adaptor blocks, I just can't get them to budge, they are just stuck solid. The rest come out fine - still on the injector when I pull it out.

John

Assume they're the push in variety?

These methods have worked for me in the past:

1. Gently prise out with a screwdriver or similar.
  2. Use a bar/socket that's ever so slightly bigger than the internal diameter of the nylon bush, gently tap it partly in and then free the bush with a turn/wiggle/pull action.
Edited by badshead

And then they are skip fodder :P

Agreed if you have hands like a Gorilla and just shove it in, and oval it.

Have used a rawl bolt before the ends enlarges as you turn bolt and will enable you too pull it out

without damage.

Cheers

Guy

I have the revearse problem the new KMI push in ones come out every time I remove the Injectors, the old original ones used to stay put!

If you put the injector in the freezer overnight and then direct hot waiter from a syringe at the nylon thingy, wouldn't it swell faster than the injector body and slide off?

Thanks for the tips. I'll try this weekend. The inlet manifolds are in place on the car.

The reason the problem became evident was that I had a dodgy injector which I decided to replace. Ordered replacement from Moss and they sent me a "screw in' type which comes screwed into the nylon block. This is not a problem provided you can get the existing block out of the manifold. I examined all of mine and there are four which are stuck (and I mean stuck!). I have worked around by using the replacement injector in one of the inlets I was able to remove ( and using the push injector I got from there .....) so I'm mobile and the problem is not an urgent one. However I will replace them all once I get them out.

Once more I appear to have got hold of the wrong end of the stick! Sorry about that!