TYRES WHICH ONES

i might actually get my TR4 finished/running in the next week or two thanks to a prolonged spell off work

it has been built with the idea of doing a few hill-climbs ,sprints etc before i get to old/ cannot afford it

So i have a set of 5.5 minilites on it with some cooking tyres so i can use it on the road to run it in etc

what tyres do you guys recommend for competition use

regards adrian

Adrian

My TR3A slides about very nicely on Vredstein Sprint Classics. Not particularly fast but a lot of fun.

And come along to the Blyton Park test day on Monday 3rd June. A great way to help sort the car and no pressure to perform.

regards kev

Avons are the only ones that fit.

They are about £180 each so expensive but grip amazingly.

And wear quite well too.

And they are british.

They are used by many of the classic E Types and Ferrais you see on the classic race circuit and they swear by them.

Its much more fun on hill climbs and sprints with these tyres.

Nick

Hi Adrian

I have been sprinting and hillclimbing TRs for the last 25years so know a bit about tyres it is a black art!

The sizes are the problem for our cars but anything made by Avon which is list 1b should be OK

With Yokos you have to watch that you do not end up with a circuit racing compound it will be too hard.

BMTR in Birmingham are very helpful and can supply these tyres but not cheap!

Good Luck

John