Headlamp Switch identity?

Hi Experts!

Can anyone identify the headlamp switch that I have on my TR4? Note the screw terminals, integral fuze and (very) long nose!

Oh, and it's stopped working (headlamp terminal not live) so I'm about to take it apart...

Thanks!

560f79e6-d682-4d00-ac03-4cd732f818d9_zps

IMG_00000008_zpsaddc3734.jpg

Thanks for the replies so far (and offer, Pete). It's certainly an odd one and "horrible" isn't an unfair description!

I do like the fuse and, having taken it apart and cleaned the contacts, it's now working fine so I'll keep it for a while.

FWIW the knob on the end is also screw-on rather than push on as you probably guessed from the photo. It's certainly pretty old although of course I've no idea when it was fitted - I wondered whether it was a TR3 item or somthing, but it's not like the ones shown in catalogues. Ah the lovely quirks of old cars and how people have kept them running, eh? HA.

Tim, FWIW the switch is not from a TR3 - never seen one like it before. If it is a Lucas part it will have a Lucas number somewhere on the switch body and also a manufacturing date which takes the form of week/year (post war and month/year pre war). I wonder if it could be French in origin?

Tim, FWIW the switch is not from a TR3 - never seen one like it before. If it is a Lucas part it will have a Lucas number somewhere on the switch body and also a manufacturing date which takes the form of week/year (post war and month/year pre war). I wonder if it could be French in origin?

Come on Bob, it can't be French, its working again. But forgive me it wasn't perhaps made by Citroen! Edited by pfenlon