Wiper blade

Hi tr6tuga,

I had problems with wiper blades in that they were catching on the windscreen rubber at the top of the screen. The first time this happened, I trimmed the rubbers by taking about 0.25" off. When replacements were needed, Moss supplied blades with different "universal type" fittings. Not only was it impossible to fit them securely, but they overlapped the top screen rubber by more than 0.5" (12mm). They were part no. GWB911. Further investigation lead me to part no GWB180Z stated in the Moss parts book as having "original type fitting". These fit my 6 perfectly and do not strike the screen rubber. This part is, I discovered later, made by Tex, whose price is lower than Moss. Tex website address: www.texautomotive.com They have now been on the car for 5 months during which time a lot of very heavy rain has fallen and they are fine so far.

Jim

I'm pretty sure the Moss "original fitting" blade is Tex no. B12311. Note that this is for the blade in BLACK.

Jim

Hi all

Thank you for the hints, but my issue is how good the blade"rubber" is ? :D

Just whent for a spin and reseted the top end of the whiper blade movement across the srceen, so that it doesn't touch the outer rubber ! ;) and burns out...

It's the "midle" rubber that splits, so its rubish or too old! :angry:

I'll order new ones from tex as soon as I figure out the right measure :)

Regards

Any reason why you can't get a similar size blade (or a longer one and cut to size) from your local hypermarket and change the rubber onto your chrome one?