Winter project - TR6 interior refurb

Great photos, I'm imagining how this will translate into a superb car when it's finished. :-)

Takes me right back. I have fixed every one of the problems I can see on your shell.

1. plenum panel - needs a new piece right across, quite easy at this stage - don't patch this up

2. splits through spare-wheel well - I put an L-section over this - but you can put it inside or outside

3. A-post bottoms - I made new bits for the bottom 6 in or so

4. inner rear arch/B-post - probably wants new B-post if you can get them - I made new ones by hand because there weren't any then

At least you seem OK on the inner front wings, front mountings, footwell, rear-arches, front arches, bit under the battery etc, etc

• 1 month later...

Time flies.

New A- and B- pillars, footwells and bulkhead end panels. Possibly (probably) new rear valance panels.

Alan - do you have any photos of the cut-out made of the plenum panel on the bulkhead-side? How is the seam between the plenum and bulkhead assembly normally hidden/finished off - was there a double skin ?

Thanks

Colin they should be visible as otherwise it will look as if there has been a problem there and they have been gobbed over ;) .

Stuart.

Many thanks Stuart - trying to sort the gobbed over bits, and would hate to find I'm inadvertently re-gobbing unnecessarily. I'd assumed the finished bulkhead was meant to be 'smoothed' over. Do you have a finished bulkhead photo/original photo ?

Colin

Heres a before repair picture but the "C" cutouts can be clearly seen and should look like that when painted.

Stuart.

MarksTR5160-2_zps314ed181.jpg

And a fairly original car

photo1182_zps308b1606.jpg

Edited by stuart