Heater 'Flap'

Winters on its way - time to sort the heater.

Should there be some sort of seal assembly on the edge of the actual heather flap that directs the air to either the floor or up the ducts to the screen? Mine doesnt have one which makes the working of the unit inefficient.

Originally hard a piece of foam tape type stuff stuck on the heater main body for the flap to close against if I remember correctly.

I put a kind of foam air-sealing tape in here on mine. Industrial grade stuff about 4mm thick. Self-adhesive.

Domestic draught-excluder would work but maybe not for many years.

Al.

The heater matrix itself also has foam around each end of it so that all the airflow goes through the matrix and not round it.

Stuart.

I used draft excluder round edge when I rebuilt mine, as suggested above. Unfortunately now that the heater actually emits heat the adhesive soon softened and the tape fell out! It hasn't made any noticeable difference and I'll not bother to do anything to replace. In the effectiveness area the biggest improvement came from cleaning out the metal bulkhead fitting for the hoses [and using a double speed fan]. Very cosy now.

Mike