Hi all,

I find myself in need of help, no not that sort! The H section on my car is looking a bit , well very scruffy around the gear lever area. It's covered in foam and then had the best fake leather (plastic) that Triumph could afford afixed to it. Does anyone know of someone who can recover this masterpiece. As I live in Lincolnshire I expect this may involve some travelling, but it would be nice if it wasn't too far.

Cheers

Phil

Hi Phil,

TRShop do a replacement vynil skin this reputed to be very good.

John Skinner (advert in TRAction) do some very nice material skins - vynil, leather - that you glue in place (do not remove any of the existing material)

Remove all the old stuff and polish the ali base.

Roger

Thanks Roger,

But I'm not as hands on (skillful) as you are I need to give it to someone then pass some beer tokens over for the retun of the thing!

cheers

phil

Phil

If you get one from the TR Shop, they're exactly like the original and are moulded to fit. Remove H frame, remove all remnants of the old cover and glue the new one on. Don't be put off by the price of the TR Shop cover, worth it.

This is what they look like:

P1010962.JPG

Bill

Edited by badshead

Phil

There are likely to be a selection of people who could recover your H frame if you took it off and took it with you to the International Weekend.

Alternatively, when you are at work, you are only yards away from Racetorations. I gather Daryl has a good upholsterer but he'll then want a good rifle through your wallet for the service.

Dave McD

Thanks to all,

especialy impressed with badshead's photo .Was the cover formed somehow as it's a very odd shape and I can't envisage how to fit it.How do you strip the old PVC off without removing the foam which appears to be stuck to it? Any tips i.e step by step idiots guide is what I really need. I can take anything to bits but putting it back together without having enough bits left over to make a fully working grandfather clock is another matter entirely.

Cheers

Phil

To fit the TR Shop one you need to strip the frame completely back to the bare ally. Its a moulded one piece item complete with the foam.

Stuart.

Thanks to all who have replied I may well have a look around at Malvern, you never know there may be some show deals on!

hope to see you there.

Cheers

Phil