• 1 month later...

Hi Steve I will shortly be picking up the one I bought a few weeks ago, I know a bit about their history but there does seem to be a few different opinions about the numbers built, it seems there could be 3 or 9, I always thought the original ads said 3 would be given as prizes for each of the months of June, July and August in 1978, however I have been told only 3 were actually given away. This means there would only be one T reg (August 1978) I am sure Ive seen 2 T reg and 2 S reg. I am also trying to find the LP record given as a consolation prize and any of the advertising as I would like to show the car in next years 30th anniversary celebrations. I would appreciate any information on these or the Heineken cars, both of which were built by Star vans.

BTW my sprint is ready for painting.

Chris... I'd love the car, but only managed the Long Player.. My daughter bought me it from a Charity Shop last Christmas.

I can send you a pic.. or give you info from the sleeve..

It's called All Summer Long, and has  

twelve fantastic summertime hits by Original Artists! :D Maxwell
Maxwell, thats the one, it has a picture of the car on the front, I have seen one but its a long time ago so if you could let me have a picture and song list that would be great. I hope to have the car ready for next summer so any information would be appreciated.

That's a shame then.  The museum website suggests all cars are 'for hire' so I thought why not hire it and take it to the TR Register International.  Could park it next to Chris' then have two of the 3 (or is it 9!).

Do we take it that the car found it's way into your own collection??

Malcolm.

Malcolm,I dont think my Coca Cola car will be at Malvern as I can only drive 1 car and I think it will be my sprint which will definitely be ready. I will have the same problem at the TR Drivers club national at Billing, this will be the 2005 TR8 day so I will probably take my gold TR8.I am thinking about getting the cars together for all to see but it will have to be near Sheffield.

John, I hope to see your newly acquired Coca Cola car in the near future but I hope you are bringing the Ferrari at the weekend so we can all have a ride.

Malcolm,

I did not buy the coca cola but it is sold.

Everything I have is going other than Sprint and Mini,have other plans.

I am currently rebuilding the TR8 engine I got with the SJW in preparationto fit to same.

Cheers John

PS  - 355,968  going cheap !!

Pulled the details of this Vehicle of the RAC web page.

Manufacturer Triumph

Model TR7

Body type sports

Colour Red

Fuel type Petrol

Date manufactured 31 December 1978

Number of previous owners 3

Last owner change 26 March 2004

Malcolm, the car is not in as good a condition as my others , even so it is quite presentable and probably the best survivor, I was being serious though, if you need it for any shows etc, let me know.

Coca Cola Restoration

I have just been having a look at Keith Morphets Coca Cola TR7.  Body will soon be ready for paint and seats have been recovered in 'Levi' denim

Keith is going to some trouble to replicate the original decals

The boot fridge is missing, unfortunately

If anyone wants to talk to Keith about the car he is at Whitminster Motors (  just south of Gloucester) tel 01452 740241.. Does anyone have a copy of the original advert/promotion material?

JetAge

• 2 weeks later...
My Coca Cola car has just arrived, it is far better than I expected (bought unseen) it seems to have been kept in good original order but has had a respray and a few panels at some time. It drives superbly and the original Levi interior is in very good condition. It has working air conditioning but the fridge is missing, I was told it was still there but it turned out to be a built in battery charger. Thanks to Tony Green at the Ingliston museum for delivering the car and for selling it to me for such a reasonable price, I honestly thought it would be as rough as the others but it is tested and just needs taxing. Look out for it in the Triumph car park at Stoneleigh it is really hard to miss. I think Malcolm may bring it to the International. For pictures see www.triumphtr.tk
  • 1 month later...
The car is now taxed and being used everyday to try and get everything working. The engine gearbox and brakes are all fine just needs a good clean ready for display at Stoneleigh.
Jason, my car is VOX 793T, the one from Ingliston, bring your camera to Stoneleigh and hopefully you should be able to photograph the TR7 with an example of the runners up prize.