I'm alright JACK?

Who else still has an original TR6 Jack in the Boot?

I'm told they are quite scarce nowdays...is that true?

I have one, never used it when there's a decent trolley jack around. Scarce? Doubt it but maybe stick it on e-bay await for someone to give me a couple of grand!

Hahaha....can't carry a Trolly Jack around in the boot! :lol:

I saw one in the TR Shop for 70 quid last year!

Edited by Denis

who needs a jack (and a spare wheel for all that matters) in the trunk anyway ..........

Errrr....People with a puncture perhaps?

What a strange number of responses to my topic! :(

The point I was trying to make...was that this Tiny little scissor Jack was the original standard equipment, provided by the manufacturers in the boot from new...and I wondered how many other owners had been keen enough to retain their's? Clearly I'm alone? :rolleyes:

Mines still there, in its funny bag. I think though a number of people are moving away from a spare and a jack towards the can type repair and reflate packs.

David

Please don't rely on the tyre repair and reflate packs. I had a punture in my Honda last year and dutifully followed the instructions on the can of goo and then tried to reflate; absolutely useless. Had to call out the RAC because clearly I'm now down to 3 wheels. If you read the instructions on the tin, firstly you are supposed to remove the cause of the puncture (nail or whatever) which is no easy job in itself particularly if it's dark or wet and then the sealant will only fix a hole of upto 2mm. Again no use at all if you've shredded a tyre in a pot hole.

I bought a second hand spare after this experience and will never rely on one of these again. Frankly I think it's a real con by the motor manufacturers to keep down the cost of new cars. I can't think of a better example of a false economy.

Lee.

I have one, never used it when there's a decent trolley jack around. Scarce? Doubt it but maybe stick it on e-bay await for someone to give me a couple of grand!

Say it's from a 5 ,2grand easy <_<

Good idea! I have two! :o

I once won a Sprint Event and found I had left the Spare Wheel in the Boot!... I could have won by a bigger margin if I'd remembered to chuck it out, like I did at the next event!

Edited by Denis