Brass ID Plates

During the restoration of my 3, the two embossed id plates resident on the bulk head just above the battery box were removed and are now 'hiding' from me. I know they will be in the last place I look, but I want them now and to be honest I'm running out of potential hiding places.

Fortunately, I took numerous photos of the engine bay (to assist with the rebuild) and so have photos of them.

Does anyone know where/who can supply replacements to somewhere near original spec.

I could just leave then off, but if I can I will replace.

Ever hopeful...........

regards

Vic

Thanks Menno, I've messaged him; fingers crossed.

Vic

Frank Angelini (angelfi) makes them. I have the lower tag that Frank supplied as it was missing (probably dissolved by battery acid like the rest of the battery box..). He does a nice job. The brass material is not as thick as the original and the rounded ends were not identical so I spent a bit of time getting my original and the one Frank made to match. If you were getting both tags made up that would not be an issue. I read that Frank found an old machine that stamps these tags.

Stan

Many thanks for the info.

I have now made contact with Frank Angelini and an order has been placed!

regards

Vic

I put mine somewhere safe then and spent ages looking for them. Eventually, I gave up and ordered new ones from Frank only to find my originals the day after I placed the order. Who says Murphy's Law is not real.

Fortunately, Frank allowed me to cancel.

Rgds Ian

You're not going to believe this, but...........................

Rgds

Vic

Frank really is such a nice bloke!

Guess what Stuart, they were in the last place I looked!!! :wacko:

I'm now on the hunt for a left hand side splined hub................ ;)

Rgds

Vic

Thanks Les, decided to buy a new set! Will soon be advertising a set of recently powder coated (grey) wires together with hubs.

Reds

Vic