Hi Folks

I want to run an additional feed from the battery to the fuse box to run some auxiliaries, I will use a 15 amp fuse to protect this new circuit, as someone with only basic electrics knowledge etc :( , could someone who is a bit more clued up please advise on what size/rating cable I should be using on the battery side of the fuse box

Many thanks :D:D

Hi Andy,

if you go to www.vehicleproducts.co.uk this will show all the cables in all the colours and the application and current limit.

However as a quickie 32/0.2mm (1mm2) will run 16 amps and 28/0.3mm (2mm2) will do 25 amps.

Does you 15amp fuse cover the total current requirement of the accessories. Add them all together to find you total.

Roger

Hi, Andy - just a quick comment - the purpose of the fuse is to protect the wiring, not the electrical items. I am no expert, but IMHO you should rate the fuse in line with the capacity of the wire. Smallest fuse you can get away with.

Take care, let us know how you get on,

Austin