sun visors and fuel tank boot trim

Hello this is my first posting. I am looking for a bit of advice I have recently bought a 1972 Texas imported TR6. I noticed that it does not have any sun visors, is this correct or are they just missing? If they are missing is it a worthwhile addition. Lastly in the boot I noticed there is not any trim covering the fuel tank. Should there be trim there?

Many thanks

Jim

I actually found sun visors quite useful, both for their designed role (commuting for a few years, so morning sun and then evening sun being at that level that made them useful) and to deflect the air to above my head. Of course, this didn't stop the buffeting from behind.... :-)

I also think they should have trim in the boot - seems that way from the Brooklands book. Makes the boot look better - more finished and stops bits disappearing under the tank.

Hi, Jim, I have a 74 California import, and it does have sun visors and a tank cover. I had to renew my visors (Moss), but it was not a simple job (I guess nothing ever is....). I will have to change the boot trim as well, but that will have to wait until I have finished installing the supercharger!!!!!!!

Good luck,

Austin

Personally I wouldn't bother with sun visors, the sun is rarely just in that position. Carry a pair of shades instead.

If you don't fancy buying the correct Moss component, you can always make your own out of millboard (http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/c-146-millboard.aspx).

Jerry.

Many thanks for all the advice given.

I am going to order the boot trim from Moss, and in the mean time not bother with the sun visors.

Many thanks

Jim

Jim

If you have a wife / girlfriend ot even if your trying to atttract one a sun visor on the passenger side is essential AS LONG AS IT HAS A MIRROR :)

Pete