TR6 V8 drive video

Went for a drive in the sunshine today to test out my new cameras, then chopped together some footage.

I didn't realise what a miserable looking sod I look while driving (although I was loving it)

Go here http://vimeo.com/35789519

It will ask you for a password so type in tr6

Simon

Edited by simonjrwinter

hi simon,

i would of had a big smile on my face with that sound going on !

i bet its fun.....i have a mgb roadster with a 3.9 in it,and its great,

cheers,

conrad.

I didn't really record it for the soundtrack as these small cameras are notoriously lousy for their sound. There's a vid here I did a couple of years ago using just one camera but a decent microphone...

try here.....

Whizz through it until you get to 4 mins in

Simon

I can't take the credit for the car, only for buying it!

It was converted 30 years ago (1982) by a previous owner.

The engine is an excellent fit and apart from a slight re-routing of the steering column, there's nothing thats not reversible. The Rover V8 is a bit lighter than the straight six so there are no problems with weight/steering/braking. The 3.5 in my car has been balanced, has a hurricane cam, stage 2 heads, offy manifold, edelbrock carb and electroniic ignition. It's a cracking engine, nice nad smooth and plenty pokey enough for me, It MAY be putting out slightly more than a standard CP '6 but it's certainly not a firebreathing monster. I do LOVE the sound and the car. the way it burbles along on part throttle is gorgeous and when giving it wellie under a bridge it's just amazing. Taking it easy on a run to Devon from Essex in 2009, I got 29mpg so no better or worse than a straight six driven carefully I suppose. The gearbox is the original TR6 rebuilt with a Stag input shaft and mated to an adaptor plate that they used to use when putting rover engines in Stags.

I rebuilt the gearbox last year with an uprated layshaft so hopefully it will last another few years.

The chap I originally bought it from did a complete body-off rebuild in 1996 when everything was done....engine, box, diff, body, chassis, suspension, brakes etc etc. since then it has probably only done 6-7,000 miles so is still pretty damn good nick.

I bought the car in 2009 but money troubles meant I had to sell it later that year. I asked the fellow to offer me first refusal if ever he wanted to sell. Early last year I got an email saying he needed to sell so I bought it back. I'll never sell it again now.

Simon