Water Pump TR4A

Good afternoon,

Amongst the bits that were in the boot of my car when I bought it several years ago was a water pump. I would like to find out if the pump is for my car or if it is a stray item. It looks like the one fitted to my car. On the face of the moumting flange there is a number cast into it, the number being PC11A. There is also the number 10 engraved into another face of the flange. Is this pump for a 4A?

Another question I have about the pump is that the spindle turns but seems tight. It does not spin freely like a wheel, for example, does. Is this normal?

Thanks

Graham

As requested here are some pictures of the pump, hopefully.

Graham

No success. How do I attach pictures please?

Edited by Grahamgl

I think I have cracked the picure problem, There should be three views attached.

Thank you Richard for your pics. My pump does not have a grease nipple fitted and, although there is a hole in the flat part of the face of the pump it is not threaded. The pump currently fitted to my car does not have a grease nipple either.

Regards

Graham

post-4330-0-47113300-1326538142_thumb.jpg

post-4330-0-30421600-1326538199_thumb.jpg

post-4330-0-71152700-1326538217_thumb.jpg

post-4330-0-47113300-1326538142_thumb.jpg

post-4330-0-30421600-1326538199_thumb.jpg

post-4330-0-71152700-1326538217_thumb.jpg

Graham,

Looking at you photos, the pump looks to be in good clean order,

Visually I would guess that your pump is an after-market part, this due to the lack of the grease nipple plus the use of a steel impeller.

The important thing is to ensure that the impeller is of the correct depth - some batches of the after-market pumps had what can only be described as a short stub impeller which obvoiusly affected the rate of water flow, so worth checking a few dimensions.

If you look at the photo of my pump each impeller vane is 19mm in height (from base to tip) - as the vane goes towards the centre shaft it then steps down by 5mm.

The outside diameter of the impeller is 70mm.

The four vanes on your pump run flat across into the centre shaft - so as long as you have 19mm at least, all should be as good as it can be.

Regards, Richard