Hello All,

Having got my car back from the bodyshop, the chap who done the work pointed out the new boot-lid seal I supplied from TRF is a poor fit, the lid & seal don't seem to make full contact leaving the boot lid a little rattly. I would have thought TRF seals would have been as good a repro as any other.

Has anyone else experienced this and maybe aware of a solution?

Richard.

You'll also get alot of fumes drawn back into the cabin if that seal doesn't seal correctly. As Neil says,ensure the boot lid, minus seal, sits correctly first, then add the seal. With a new seal the boot lid should need a small shove once its closed to compress the seal...old ones will have compressed over the years.

Thanks for that link Stuart, I checked it out and they quote a price of 2.81 (pound). They don't mention length so surely this can't be that price for the whole boot seal?. I need to order one for my six.

Cheers

Tony

• 1 year later...

That would be this one then http://www.woolies-trim.co.uk/p-1928-small-boot-seal.aspx Laurence.

Stuart.

Hi all,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread - but is this still a good choice for a boot seal? I know there's a few suppliers on e-bay but I am suspicious of quality, especially following a few of the threads about similar items on here recently! I have the familiar exhaust smell problems in cabin and boot (that go hand in hand with the Phoenix big bore exhaust and probably an over rich MU) but want to start with the simple ideas and replace the 40 year old boot seal and see if it helps.

Cheers,

Michael.

Depending on the fit of your bootlid then yes thats the best one I have found.

Stuart.

Hi Guys

there is a company in Tunbridge Wells called Baines seals, they have been in business years and were the supplier of choice to most of the British automobile industry right up to the 80's I would be surprised if they could not provide the correct seal section.

Hi both,

Thanks for the tips. Will probably go with Stuarts recommendation this time round, but good to have some alternatives for other seals in the future.

Cheers,

Michael.