TR4A promotion film

Cheers Raymond, a good film with gloriouse weather, and I must admit to loving the thin whitewall tyres!

I thought the door wasnt quite shut, the lady didnt mind though and thats the important thing.

Edited by pfenlon

Outstanding! Made for US market I think?

It certainly seems to be for the US market, probably late 1966 or early 1967 as they also mention the "new" GT6 as well as the "new" (to the US) 2000 sedan. Oddly, there's no mention of the Herald (make that "Sports") 1200 sedan and convertible, although they were still sold in the US then. :angry:

I'm also intrigued by the phrase, used a couple of times, "demand the McCoy"! The usual expression is "real McCoy," but I have to wonder if perhaps there was a problem using that phrase since there had been a US TV show called "The Real McCoys" (not to be confused with the British "The Real McCoy" show of the 1990s)? The only other possibility is that someone knew the story behind the phrase (Google "demand the mccoy" if you're interested) and was, in fact, being very "correct"!

Might be a good question to pose to Mike Cook sometime!

Edited by Herald948