Chaps,

Does anyone have a decent picture of the a LHD engine bay on a 4? I'm particularly looking for the routing of the pipework etc around the brake and clutch master cylinders. I bought the Triumph originality guide and all the engine bay pics are bloody RHD vehicles!!

Paul

Hi Paul

Is this any use? - came across it looking for other TR4 restorations on the net

post-8404-0-73270400-1295198188_thumb.jpg

post-8404-0-73270400-1295198188_thumb.jpg

What commission number do you have?

My LHD TR4 is an earlier model than the photo provided by Chilliman. It has the brake switch down at the 5 way pipe connector to the right of the engine and piping doesn't look anything like that up by the clutch and brake master cylinders. Chilliman's photo appears to be a CT26930 or later TR4 where I have photos of CT26929 or earlier LHD configuration.

I have limited photos prior to beginning my restoration on CT 7771L that I can also send you if you get in touch with me directly through the "Contact Me" tab on my website at: http://mysite.verizon.net/vze114b79/

Vila

I think that the picture that Chilliman has posted is that if a TR4A.

The oil filler cap, wiper motor and pedal box arrangement are from a TR4A.

Cheers

Graeme

Edited by graeme

As always chaps, much appreciated.

My car is a '62 no CT3816L

The car is almost back together after I've stripped and painted the whole car. It's never going to be a concourse car, but I'm trying to put everything back as close as possible to how it left the factory.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul,

Here are three shots that I took this afternoon - hopefully this will help.

My 1961 4 has been restored (of course) - although not recently!! ;-) However, I don't have any reason to think the pipe routing is not "normal" - it certainly SEEMS to be logical.

The clutch pipe goes straight down and is clipped to the bulkhead in a double clip alongside the oil pressure gauge pipe.

The brake pipe runs along the bulkhead behind/above the battery, and then across and down the bulkhead where a RHD pedal box would be.

Hope these are helpful - if a little dirty (I was out in the TR today on the salty roads, practicing some gravel/snow driving for a rally in a couple of weeks). Minus bloody 20 degrees...

Cheers,

Tim

http://s751.photobucket.com/albums/xx157/umbradog/TR4%20Detail%20shots/

Lord Flashart

My 1962 TR4 looked exactly like the photos supplied by Toronto Tim prior to my starting the restoration on an original car.

Vila

Edited by Vila