Windshield Tenax pegs-late TR3A

Hello.

What is the thread size of the plain Tenax pegs on the windscreen frame in the post-60000 TR3A?

Is there any supplier in the UK for these short-threaded pegs? Moss has them in catalog, but they are since some months NLA.

I need to change the windscreen glass, so I consider putting the shortest pegs I can find, and trim the thread flush with the frame internal face, before installing the glass.

Any hints for this procedure?

TIA for your comments.

Jesus

Hello.

What is the thread size of the plain Tenax pegs on the windscreen frame in the post-60000 TR3A?

Is there any supplier in the UK for these short-threaded pegs? Moss has them in catalog, but they are since some months NLA.

I need to change the windscreen glass, so I consider putting the shortest pegs I can find, and trim the thread flush with the frame internal face, before installing the glass.

TIA for your comments.

Jesus

The thread size is 2BA and this where to get them Woolies

Best to trim the thread down to nearly enough first then clean the ends up so they screw in OK and then Dremel any excess off once they are tight in the frame.

Stuart.

I just checked Moss Europe and 553827 Tenax pags are listed and priced.

Link

http://www.moss-europe.co.uk/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=8216&SortOrder=2#5

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Just to add that I picked up ten front screen Tenax threaded pegs in Moss Bristol last weeks and they were in stock then.

Regards

Thank you for the comments.

In the last months I have ordered several times through the internet site the 10 Tenax pegs at Moss Europe, and they did not send them. I supposed that they would be out of stock.

I will order from Woolies the plain pegs and cut them as Stuart suggests.

I just want to emphasize the importance of checking the pegs not protruding inwards across the frame, when assembling the windscreen frame, and before installing the glass. I disassembled the windscreen frame for rechroming, and assembled later everything successfully. Then I installed the 10 original pegs, and trying to thread home one of them, I cracked the glass. Sad certification: even the originals can be too long.

Jesus

I got my pegs from The Roadster Factory in the States. Once screwed into the frame, I noticed how they protruded into the glass channel a bit. I also noticed how the threads were not cut all the way up the stud to the back side of the hex head. Are yours similarly threaded? But because the whole length of the stud is not threaded, when it is installed, only about one turn of thread will be holding the Tenax to the frame. That seems insufficient. Anybody have experience or thoughts? I am wondering if they will just pull out.

Edited by 59triumphtr3a

The woolies ones are threaded virtually all the way up and I have found when cut to size there is at least three threads. Due to the thickness of the frame thats all you have available anyway.

Stuart.

Hello.

TIA for your comments.

Jesus

Hi Jesus

I have a spare NEW set of these Tenax pegs here in Murcia, as I mistakenly ordered two sets when I did my car. Like you I took my frame apart and had it rechromed. I also had a crack down from the top at a tenax point so when I took it apart I checked that particular peg for it's length and made sure all the new ones were just that bit shorter than the offending one.

Any good to you just let me know.

Dave

Hi Jesus

I have a spare NEW set of these Tenax pegs here in Murcia, as I mistakenly ordered two sets when I did my car. Like you I took my frame apart and had it rechromed. I also had a crack down from the top at a tenax point so when I took it apart I checked that particular peg for it's length and made sure all the new ones were just that bit shorter than the offending one.

Any good to you just let me know.

Dave

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your offer. I have sent to you a private message through the forum, since I do not have your email address on this computer right now.

Regards.

Jesús