Front engine plate

I strongly suspect that the crook in my front engine plate is not original. Comments welcome. Tom

Tom what do you mean by crook?

remember there are no dumb questions, only dumb answers.

I strongly suspect that the crook in my front engine plate is not original. Comments welcome. Tom

I can´t see wat´s incorrect, is it not straight?

best regards Andreas

Tom, it looks like the car has had a hit in the front that's pushed the engine back and buckled the LH mount.

The RH mount doesn't bend out of shape as easily, as the stiffener bracket is longer.

That front plate needs to be perfectly flat or it will leak oil like a sieve.

Regards,

Viv.

Tom, it looks like the car has had a hit in the front that's pushed the engine back and buckled the LH mount.

The RH mount doesn't bend out of shape as easily, as the stiffener bracket is longer.

That front plate needs to be perfectly flat or it will leak oil like a sieve.

Regards,

Viv.

Thank all for the replies. It has a very neat looking fold at the LH mount. Seems Viv has it right in spite of the poor picture. It's been that way for 47 of it's 50 years. (also explains why I couldn't get the steering box out with the engine in place). Guess I'll be looking for another plate. Tom